Cat threw yellow liquid after medication, is this concerning?

pikachulol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I took my male cat, 9ish years old, into the vet today due to him having diarrhea with some blood in his stool. Was given treatment with medication to give at home then if he doesn’t improve to get blood test done.

He was given Metronidazole (2ml, every 12hrs) and Pro-Pectalin (1ml, 3 times a day).

He took the Pro-Pectalin just fine. When given Metronidazole he threw up yellow liquid then threw up once more with some foamy stuff around 30 minutes later after medicine. Is this concerning? The vet (and everywhere else) is now closed so I am unable to call and I’m unsure if this is common or if it’s urgent/worrying. I would like to add that he hasn't ate anything today that I have noticed other than some water, if that could effect anything. Thank you in advance!

I apologize if I am missing any info, I am just really panicked right now. Feel free to ask if more info is needed. Again, thank you in advance.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How is your cat doing now? The liquid Metronidazole tastes disgusting. I would definitely contact your vet if you haven't already, For Metronidazole, there is a compounding pharmacy called Wedgewood that makes Metronidazole in a flavor tab. Much easier to give this way.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like your precious boy might have had an empty stomach. I have noticed in dogs at least (as im a new cat momma) that on empty stomachs if they would get sick it would sometimes be just as u described. Yellow then go to foam as they just don't have anything really to throw up.. but I'd contact your vet for sure.