Cat threw up weird consistency, but acting fine?

pman0293

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
My cat threw up a weird consistency and yellow/green like she’s never done before. She seems fine and is running around playing like normal now.
B0E1B250-9138-4F09-A725-1EB8492442F7.jpeg

I’m not sure if I should be nervous about this or if it’s not that big of a deal.

Thanks in advance

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks to me like hair and stomach acid. Start thoroughly brushing daily, and if you're feeding dry; transition to wet. If you're feeding a food with vegetables/gums/fruits/grains, switch to a high quality wet food like Tiki cat After Dark, or homemade raw/cooked (information in the raw subforum).

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yeah, that looks like a 'hairball'. The brushing, if not daily, at least 2-3 times a week should help keep down the amount of hair that she is able to ingest. And, you could try giving her a hairball preventative - there are malt/pastes that can be purchased to give her a couple times a week. Even something as simple as a dab of butter/margarine from your finger or put on her paw to lick off a couple times a week might be enough to help her pass the hair through her system instead of throwing it up.