Cat threw up dewormer?

Kitchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that was rescued from being abandoned and then given to me. She was a bag of bones (with enlarged nipples and tummy so I’m guessing she’s pregnant 🤷🏻‍♀️) I’ve only had her a few days but she’s already filling out and her fur is starting to look and feel healthier. I gave her some piperazine but then right after that I fed her too much and she threw up a little while after. Should I give her another dose of the wormer?

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You definitely need a vet opinion on that. Pregnant and possibly did ingest some of the meds makes it a little iffy. I would not risk a second dose without checking. A simple call could get an answer. Has she seen a vet yet? That would be top of my list for her if she hasn’t. She is absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you have taken her in to your home. You are saving her and kittens too! Please do keep us updated and thank you for the precious photos! :catlove: I hope we’ll see more.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, she looks so happy- like she knows she is safe now. I agree with Jcatbird that a vet needs to be consulted in regards to whether she should have a second dose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thanks I’ll call them in the morning..I have an appointment for her at the vet but they are doing limited office visits and can’t see her until next Saturday.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks I’ll call them in the morning..I have an appointment for her at the vet but they are doing limited office visits and can’t see her until next Saturday.

Please let us know what they say. I am so happy that she found you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitchen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They said to give her a 2nd dose :)