cat that is constanting biting/chewing thinags, help!

hareting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat Nana, 8 months old spayed female is constantly finding something to bite/chew with, and is especially fond of strings. at first i thought she just likie to chew on things, but sometimes i do see her eating part of it. now i've to keep all strings away from her. but she go on to chew/bite paper box, clumps of my hair that's fallen on bathroom floor (i have long hair). i do sweep my bathroom almost daily now, to keep things from her.

why is she always biting/chewing? is she teething? or is this a health concern??
are there any toys or things that i could buy for her to safely chew with??

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had success with KONGS, the dog chew toy. Its made to NEVER break, and is sturdy enough for the best chewers ( like my rottie) they come ina baby size, and all sorts of shapes and sizes. If i were you i would get one of the baby teething rings with bumps on it, and spray on it something she enjoys eating (they also come in flavors like liver and chicken). she will love it, and you wont have to worry about her

danalee2682

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry i'm of no help, but do want to sympathize. Clinton is about 9 months and the past 2 or 3 weeks he's been crazy, trying to eat anything paper or cardboard he can get his hands on. this is just a phase...right!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She shouldn't be teething, they usually do that around 5 months old. My Emily is notorious for chewing strings. She still does it and she's 4 years old! I've never been able to break her of it, just kitty-proof as much as I can. There is a remote possibility that she could have a parasite or she needs a higher quality food or vitamin added, and she's trying to supplement her lack of nutrition by eating things. You know, like how kids crave eating paint chips?