cat takes food out of bowl and makes a mess....

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats has the habit of taking pieces of her food out of the bowl, putting it on the table and eating from there. Makes a mess and leaves tiny bits of food i need to constantly clean up. Ive tried deep bowls, low bowls. Bowls on a stand, bowls on the table. A flat plate on the table, a flat plate on a stand. She doesnt care, she takes her food from the plate and dumps it on the table.

Any ideas?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might have to resign yourself to her quirky eating habit and just make a point of cleaning up after she eats each time. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You might have to resign yourself to her quirky eating habit and just make a point of cleaning up after she eats each time. 
i figured as much. lol its been 4 years, i guess i can live with her habits.

sassychic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does something similar. I see him scooping it out with his paw and tossing it on the floor to eat it. I vacuum daily anyway so have an extra large mat for him.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

i figured as much. lol its been 4 years, i guess i can live with her habits.
I have a cat that does that, too.  I just sweep up around her area, every day.  

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So does she already eat on the table? 

Anyway, just seems like a quirky habit. I saw my cat doing that at the shelter with his dry food. He'd take a piece and then throw it in the air and eat it off the ground. But since I feed him wet food now, he doesn't do it anymore. I think it might have just been him being bored or something. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Several of my cats take a hunk of wet food, put it on the floor, then eat it. I am constantly cleaning the placemat!

They also love to scoop out dry food pieces, toss them, then pounce on them and eat them.

Since they are cats, and I love them, I just deal with it :).