cat surrendar please

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am new and i just an posting

i have an issue and after a few months ago l my ex wife passed last march she had a 15 year old cat which i am caring for as i go to her house with my daughter ..i am trying to find a home but as you guess the cat s kinda old to be taken by friends and family i cant take in my current house due to my wife being deathly allergic with her kids

wifes ex house is being sold i have no where to place this cat i need a home or a no kill shelter

please help

gary

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It would help if you let us know what city/state/country you are in. We'd love to help but TCS is an international site, so we need to know where you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my apologies as i am new i am in NAPERVILLE ILLINOIS WILL COUNTY

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you or your daughter aware of any of your ex-wife's neighbors that might want to take the cat in? Other relatives of hers, or co-workers? Do you know if she used a neighborhood web site called NextDoor Neighbor? If so, you could reach out to the community in that manner. I know in my neighborhood, there are tons of neighbors who are avid cat lovers.

Whatever you do, make sure this cat moves with all of his/her familiar items - cat dishes/toys/litter box/bedding/etc. That should help with the cat adapting to a new home.

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the issue is the cat is near 15 and no one really wants a cat of that age a few said they would i only have a few more days

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes i filled it applications to the sites refered but what are the odds of a cat being adopted at 15 ?
there isnt place that just allows older animals to live out thei r lives i had pets all my life usually 2 they all lived natural lives so not familar with this

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It probably wouldn't hurt to follow up with a phone call - the old adage of the 'squeaky wheel getting the grease'. If these NO Kill shelters, or rescue groups have enough contacts, they hopefully can find someone to at least foster the poor cat as they look for a more permanent home. Although you haven't yet found anyone willing to take an older cat, there are people who actually care enough about animals that they are willing to become caretakers to the elderly.

Nonetheless, as I said before - PLEASE ask these folks you contacted if they will take her familiar possessions with her, should you find one that will accept her. Those possessions are all she has left in this world.

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have taken in older pets they need holes and love too so i get it
i understand about his posessions but its people he loves vs possesions

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no worries today we dont know genders of humans either l;ol

i tied to keep him in the same environment after my ex wife died at her home with my daughter and in visting last months all went well so if a person can be nest to him per se he is fine he iksnt a needy cat at all so will be no issues

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my daughter is with me now i go daily to the house to visit the cat with her 40 miles away
my house i wish i could i have 3 dogs 1 of which just became blind and deaf auroimmune issue at 8 my beloved pug

razelmutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i understand the cat will not be put down i just want the best for him i plan on visting him as well
i had to make special arrangements for the blind dog and the older sheltie so i spend time with them more plau make suire they are safe and loved