Cat suddenly won't eat leftover/refridgerated wet food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks FeebysOwner FeebysOwner ! I was very surprised when they said that and honestly it was a huge relief. But even if I weren't allowed in, I don't think I can put it off anymore. I will feel much better knowing we're going to figure out what's up even if I can't be there.

neely neely - oh gosh not dreaded FORLs! Thank you for the article link and well wishes :)

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, her teeth were fine. Her descending colon was empty. They were unable to feel her transverse colon and the rest of her abdomen because she was so tense and painful.
Other than her abdominal pain, everything else seemed fine aside from some wheezy sounding breathing. She does snore.
They did not think she is constipated, but leaning toward possible pancreatitis... but they did say that if they did not know from me that her appetite was down and had not tried to palpate her abdomen, they would have thought she was fine. So whatever it is, maybe we caught it early.

Waiting to hear back on blood and urine today.
And I need to get a poop sample to them, but she has not eaten a thing nor used the box since we got home yesterday evening, dosed up on Bupe and spaced out and mostly hiding under the bed and then sort of wobbily wandering around.

Edit: whoops the only other thing they noted was her anus looked a little "angry" and she had some material in he anal glands.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I admit I am a bit upset and frustrated right now. The vet called this AM to let me know her blood did NOT got off last night as intended its getting picked up this afternoon and we'll get results tonight or tomorrow AM. This after we discussed whether it was worth doing in house testing yesterday and we all agreed that waiting 12 hours would not hurt since she was not in critical condition.

She still has not eaten and won't even focus on food. She licked the tiniest bit of tuna. I told the vet how she was doing and she is concerned she is having adverse reaction to the bupe and if she doesn't eat or drink by 2pm today I am to call and bring her in for fluids.

I now feel like I've just made this situation worse. :sniffle:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she has to go to the vet, you might want to ask if then would be a good time to either x-ray or scan her abdomen. Not sure if the Bupe is her problem with why she is not eating, but it certainly isn't helping.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking the same. I am a little unsure why they didn't mention imaging yesterday other than they seemed sure she was not constipated.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I went in expecting xrays, bloodwork and meds at the very least. But they did not seem terribly worried aside from tense and painful abdomen. Maybe I should have asked :(

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, that escalated. I took her for fluids and recheck and requested an xray. Xray found intestinal abnormalities so she's now getting an ultrasound. Waiting to hear back about the ultrasound. Will likely open a thread in the cat health forum once I know what's going on. :(