Cat suddenly wanting to be inside?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by meminikitty

No, she can't be pregnant because she's spayed.
But I can see how you would think that... if she wasn't spayed I'd be wondering if she was pregnant... I believe its the change in season. This morning I was telling my neighbor about it. We agreed that she could stay in my neighbor's house over winter and we'll see what happens when spring comes by. I checked on her after school today. She seemed a lot calmer. Last night all she did was meow at the door. So I'm glad she's a lot happier, thanks for the advice guys
Although it's kind of sad I can't see her as much... but all that matters is that she's finally her usual self again. My neighbor has a cat and they cuddle together... (sigh) so I'm sure she'll be fine. Luckily my neighbor doesn't mind me checking on her all the time.
I'm SO glad you found a solution! And bless your neighbor for taking her in. She is probably so relieved to be inside and it's great that she gets along with the other cat. Some cats just don't like it outside once it starts getting chilly, especially at night. At least she's happy and safe now.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good for you and good for Minnie. You did the very mature thing, you thought of what was best for Minnie. Now even though she is not with you every day, you know she is safe, warm and happy. And you also have a great neighbor!

An friend of mine knew of a barn cat that would just not stay in the barn and kept wanting to go inside of the house. I don't know the reason the family would not permit her inside, but before she took off my dad rescued her. He adores her and she is so happy with him. She is so pampered and loved. It sounds like Minnie will be too and that should make you so happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KRZ

Good for you and good for Minnie. You did the very mature thing, you thought of what was best for Minnie. Now even though she is not with you every day, you know she is safe, warm and happy. And you also have a great neighbor!

An friend of mine knew of a barn cat that would just not stay in the barn and kept wanting to go inside of the house. I don't know the reason the family would not permit her inside, but before she took off my dad rescued her. He adores her and she is so happy with him. She is so pampered and loved. It sounds like Minnie will be too and that should make you so happy.
Thanks

I feel a lot better about letting her inside. I went to see her this morning and she looked extremely happy. My neighbor is so awesome letting her in, and luckily her cat is enjoying Minnie's company. When spring comes, Minnie will be a very spoiled little girl lol

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm SO glad you found a solution! And bless your neighbor for taking her in. She is probably so relieved to be inside and it's great that she gets along with the other cat. Some cats just don't like it outside once it starts getting chilly, especially at night. At least she's happy and safe now.
My other cats don't really mind the cold, they just go into the little house I made for them and cuddle up with the dogs. But Minnie is younger than all of them being only 6 months so I guess she's more sensitive to the cold... IDK. But I'm so happy that she feels better
She seemed to be having a great time when I checked up on her today. I want to check on her a lot just in case she forgets me lol

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad things are getting worked out for all your animals.

If the house you made for the other cats and dogs is not insulated, this is a good time of year to get straw (not hay) to put in the shelter for them. The straw will keep them warm.

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'll definitely look into getting them some straw

I remember last year we did hay... but I'll try straw this time.

allfurlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear your neighbour will let her in
Sounds like she was just not interested in being an outdoor kitty. She probably had a blast for those months exploring, but now that she is growing up and its getting colder, she has decided she wants a warm comfy place with people (Im not saying you didnt provide for her, she just wants more lol). She's a smart girl

That you made these arrangements for her with your neighbour shows that you are a very loving cat mommy and want the best for her

meminikitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by allfurlove

That's great to hear your neighbour will let her in
Sounds like she was just not interested in being an outdoor kitty. She probably had a blast for those months exploring, but now that she is growing up and its getting colder, she has decided she wants a warm comfy place with people (Im not saying you didnt provide for her, she just wants more lol). She's a smart girl

That you made these arrangements for her with your neighbour shows that you are a very loving cat mommy and want the best for her
aww thanks!
By the time spring comes, we're going to see if she wants to be outside again. If not, my neighbor will just keep her inside
Luckily my neighbor really enjoys her company! She says she's the funniest cat she's ever seen.