Cat Suddenly Stopped Eating?

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I find it hard to believe, but I suppose it depends on how much the tooth hurts. You can definitely have a fever from one bad tooth. I hope your cat gets better, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mike0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gingivitis Vs Stomatitis?

Vet told me that she has gingivitis. Had one tooth extracted.
I asked if it is stomatitis, vet told me that it is gingivitis.
I am reading that they are basically the same and I need to extract all her teeth?
Can someone tell me if there is a difference and is extracting one teeth that was inflamed and dead enough? I don't trust the vet but he is the only one available.
Bump

I really want to hear more opinions
Can one infected tooth cause a cat to sleep and not to eat for +60hrs?

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In addition to the infected tooth that certainly hurt, the rest of her mouth may be/have been sore depending on the severity of the gingivitis. A sore mouth is definitely a reason not to eat. A few years ago my cat needed to have several teeth removed and had pretty severe gingivitis and she stopped eating due to the pain. For weeks after the procedure, she would only lick a little gravy off of canned food until her mouth was healed enough that she felt ok eating. It can be stressful when they go off food!

Mike0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
cat is still sick. She is still refusing to eat and looks weak. I have to take her out of my town to do for her blood tests and X-rays. This is so sad especially that it happened without any warnings :(

Mike0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We were playing and she was so active, happy and healthy one day before she stopped eating. Cant understand or accept how and why she deteriorated so quickly.

Mike0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does the water in the cat's food have any calories? She licked the water that comes with the food and licked the food but did not eat actual meat.

Hope Helene

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does the water in the cat's food have any calories? She licked the water that comes with the food and licked the food but did not eat actual meat.
Mike, how is your kitty? I couldn't find an update. I just joined and came across your thread.