Cat Suddenly Blind?

DoraCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat has gone from bright eyes to bumping into things in less than 3 weeks.

Background, had a gold ball size lump removed from tummy a year ago....apparently cancerous.

15 years old, back legs seem week, difficulty jumping....eyes deteriorated in the last week...

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DoraCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Golf ball...cant see how to edit posts.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It’s ok. I read it as golf ball. You have to make a certain number of posts before you have the edit option.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is the redness that shows in the first photo actually there?
Unfortunately what you are describing needs immediate vet care. Are there anyemergency hospitals around you.
Reasons for blindness could be high blood pressure detaching retinas. Head trauma, neurological disease. There are more but those are what come to mind. And of course virus. But any of those require emergency vet care.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS - despite the reason for joining. I can't offer any more than what has already been said. Please take your little one to see a vet.

Don't assume the lump that was removed has anything to do with it. I presume if your cat went through the surgery before, that tests were run, and everything was fine back then. So, this may be something altogether new that has cropped up since then. Sadly, that is what we all seem to have to deal with when our kitties get older. :(

Please keep us posted. Our thoughts are with you and your kitty. If and when you feel like it let us know his/her name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DoraCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks yes Dora went to the vet today, her cancer has returned though maybe it never fully went away. She is blind in both eyes now and has another large growth in the liver region a scan showed. My wife and I will have a few more days with her giving her some favourite food, she still has a good appetite!...but will have to put her down after 14 years together. A great Mum to a total of 10 kittens, never snapped or snarled. Will be badly missed. Good girl Dora. x

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry with what you discovered. Big hugs to you and your kitty as you walk these final days.