cat stomach not that large

biancadon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our baby girl Baz is just over a year now and is definitely pregnant. She conceived around the 25 of August we think but now that she is getting closer she is only slightly enlarged stomach wise. Her nipples could poke your eye out but the size of her stomach concerns me. Is it normal for moggy (mixed breed) cats to have small litters? Is it possible that there's only one baby on its way?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Small litters arent that unusual.  Not the most common, but it does happens.

Do you feel the kitten move?  You should do it easily now at almost two month mark.  If you dont do, it MAY be a false pregnancy...

I paste in some of our recommended links, you may have use of some of them.

Good luck!

Most of these links have been readied by our forumist  Red Top Rescue:

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

And also:

http://www.icatcare.org/advice/my-cat-having-kittens     ( This is a link to a group of articles on cat pregnancy, birth and kittens.   Read the ones on normal cat birth and on " when to wait and when to worry"  )  

Fleece or flannel good to use in the bedding for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biancadon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the response Stefan. Yes there is definitely movement I have felt it over the past few days. However it still feels like only one. Thank you for the links. Just for future reference what causes a false pregnancy?