Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bryana1223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She
She is apparently a good caretaker and momma.   IF he doesnt makes it, consider to taking in some orphans.  So the deaths wont be in wain.  And she wont sorrow so much. Because she will.   Just be sure the momma of the orphans didnt died by some contagious disease...
Vets do often know whom need help with a foster momma...

This advice can be good also with just one kitten - but not here, where she is needed to take care of this weak and sickly kitten.   And she does - if not else, its her only remaining kitten.
But if she gets more kittens, there is some danger the biological survival instincts kick in - and she abandons the weak and sick one, to be sure the others will make it, not to draw hunters to the nest...
She really is an excellent mama. The vet has just told us the deformity is too great to salvage. He said even with surgery there was a 25% chance of success. The odds are just not in our favour.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I am so sorry.  When the time comes, taking in orphans for Trix's sake sounds like a great idea.  I am totally inexperienced in this department, but I would want to know if Trix is going to accept the orphans before taking them on.  I am sure one of our experts can address my question. 

bryana1223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh dear, I am so sorry.  When the time comes, taking in orphans for Trix's sake sounds like a great idea.  I am totally inexperienced in this department, but I would want to know if Trix is going to accept the orphans before taking them on.  I am sure one of our experts can address my question. 
He passed last night in his mamas arms at 1252am.
We've never taken in orphans before, but I know she won't let our other 2 cats near her. We also have 4 kids ages 11-4 months old and not sure we'd have the time to do such.
Thank you all for your care and concern and guidance. It is really truly appreciated.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Getting your cat spayed now will prevent another pregnancy, as well as calm her hormones. Do you have low-cost spay options nearby?

bryana1223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Getting your cat spayed now will prevent another pregnancy, as well as calm her hormones. Do you have low-cost spay options nearby?
We do not but will do whatever it takes to get her spayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.