Cat spay

Faranazh3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I got my kitten spayed on September 28 at first she just had the knot of the suture sticking out but her vet said that is normal but now I see it’s sticking out more and looks red it doesn’t hurt her or anything but I’m not sure if I should be considering or not.
IMG_6352.jpeg
IMG_6347.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The area looks really good, really. The knot may have been covered up by swelling, etc. at the beginning, knots are on the outside. You could send those pictures to your vets office and ask them. Is teh stitch dissolvable or do you bring her in to have it removed? If it is dissolvable, just monitor the area. She may develop a small 'lump' under the incision too, that is from swelling and dissolvable stitches inside. A small amount of clear drainage mixed with a little blood is normal, any drainage that is white/yellow/green, needs to be reported right away. Her incision is so tiny, done with a scope?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faranazh3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No they did it regular it’s been over a month since they did it and it’s healed this appeared over night the blue part of the stitches where always there now it came out more to a clear loop is sticking out it’s dissolvable sutures

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her swelling is most likely going down, exposing more of the stitch. Monitor it and call if it doesn't disappear in a few weeks. it can take a few weeks to a couple of months. She may have pulled on it too if it is bothering her. A month out she is OK even if she pulls it out.