cat spay/ neuter opinions...

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats are spayed or neutered. And I think that unless you are a responsible show breeder all cats should be fixed. Ive seen and fostered to many babies to think its ok to let your cats breed.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

There is no Con to neutering or spaying a cat. NONE! Unless you can't live without your cats balls.
Nazumi is neutered and he still has what looks like major balls. Much smaller then when he came though. The vet left the sacks. Ive never seen them do that before.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very pro spay/neuter. It helps the pet overpopulation problem and the only thing I can think of is not to get your cat or dog fixed is a medical issue such as a bad heart murmur where the animal cannot be fixed. my two kitties and all four of my dogs are fixed and I wouldn't have it any other way.
and all the animals I have in the future will be fixed unless their is a medical reason such as a bad heart murmur where they can't be fixed.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

the only thing I can think of is not to get your cat or dog fixed is a medical issue such as a bad heart murmur where the animal cannot be fixed.
Just wanted to say cats/dogs with heart murmurs even bad ones can be neutered/spayed but they need some extra care. Zumi has a grade 3 heart murmur. Not the worst but still bad. The vet that did him said it depends on what is causing the murmur and that he would do almost any one if the murmur was less then a grade 5. So if you have a sprayer like Zumi it is possible to neuter them. It just takes alot of money and more healing time.

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 10 year old dachshund has a very minor heart murmor. It was very bad when he was a puppy, we actually were going to take him to U.C Davis to have surgery, but since he started fetching, it has improved. But our vet still doesn'tthink its a good idea, and we don't want to risk his life. He is a very healthy 10 year old

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am totally pro-spay. I took on a 14yo rescue cat nearly 2 years ago who had never been spayed, and sadly she already had mammary gland tumours and the vet could feel something internal, so spaying was too late for her. The really sad part is that her organs were perfect for her age, so if it hadn't been for the cancer, she could have had some good quality time with me, instead I had to let her go less than 2 months after arriving here. Her heats did drive me potty though!! And my current foster has been neutered on Tues, I dont know how people can put up with the smell!! My other reason is that I foster for a cat charity and help deal with the results of people not spaying and neutering, I couldnt knowingly leave mine unneutered, I would abort/spay if it was earlier and safe enough, there are too many cats already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sorry i havn't replyed to any posts for a couple days. i havn't had time to get on here.

thank you all for your opinions. i now have to go convince some one that spay/neuter should be done!