Cat Spay Incision

vandoldi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My cat just recently got spayed last Friday and in total has been doing well! She is eating, drinking, wearing her recovery onesie, and has been super affectionate. I have been keeping a close eye on her incision, however today I took a look and it’s a little bit red near the top section. I am just wondering if this looks like it’s healing well or not! Any opinion would be great, I am super anxious and just want to make sure she’s okay!!

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Overall, I'd say that looks good. If you are worried about that bit of redness, you could send pics to the vet for reassurance, and ask them if some sort of antiseptic ointment would be OK, just to be on the safe side.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. The inscision itself isn’t concerning, but the lump under it is. Has she been very active? Running, jumping?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vandoldi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. The inscision itself isn’t concerning, but the lump under it is. Has she been very active? Running, jumping?
Hi, yes she’s been slightly active and since she’s so young it hard to contain her! I spoke with the vet recently about the lump and they said that as long as it’s not painful to her it should be okay. She had internal stitches with glue, so i’m assuming it’s because of that! It also looks a little more pronounced since she was sitting up while these pics were taken!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vandoldi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Overall, I'd say that looks good. If you are worried about that bit of redness, you could send pics to the vet for reassurance, and ask them if some sort of antiseptic ointment would be OK, just to be on the safe side.
Thank you! That puts my mind at ease a little! I’m just so nervous as she’s not the greatest with the vet, so I don’t want to have to put her through any more stressful situations for awhile!