Cat spay incision size

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all! So I'm writing this because I'm kind of curious.
I have seen quite a few spay threads on here with pictures.
Now my confusion is the size of the spay incision.
My cat was spayed last month on June 6th. Her spay incision was considerably longer than others that I've seen.
The posts I have seen on here about other cats and their spay the incision site are all so small..
Does anyone know why this would be? There isn't any issue with her and she healed fine. I was just curious as to why almost every other one I have seen is small compared to my girl.
This is Gabby's incision. You can see her incision is the length of the black line I made.
The reason it looks the way it does (with discharge) this was after she licked it when she hid 2 days after her spay due to having strangers coming in and out for house emergency.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I think you should ask the vet if they removed your cat's uterus - that would cause a larger incision. I don't know how prevalent it is, but some vets do remove the uterus thinking that lessens the chances of future medical issues (such as cancer). Any chance she was pregnant? That would require a larger incision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance she was pregnant? That would require a larger incision.
Thank you so much,
There is absolutely 100% no way she could have been pregnant. She never goes outside.. She is strictly an indoor kitty.
I mean I'm not worried about anything but I was definitely curious.