Cat spay incision infected?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks too bloody for my comfort, and it kind of looks like pus in the middle. How long ago was the surgery?

Oh, also, has she been allowed to clean herself or has she been in a cone the entire time?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamathecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks too bloody for my comfort, and it kind of looks like pus in the middle. How long ago was the surgery?

Oh, also, has she been allowed to clean herself or has she been in a cone the entire time?
It’s been three days. She got it on Monday. She’s had the cone on the whole time so she hasn’t cleaned it. I’ve noticed she seems sleepy since it happened

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she on pain medicine? That can make her sleepy. It does look a bit moist. I would call the vet to be safe. Check for any odors and drainage to report on the call too. Make sure she stays hydrated until she gets checked out. The vet that did the surgery should be willing to give her a check pretty quickly. It’s always better to be cautious if you have a concern. Please do keep us updated.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take off the cone for a bit and let her clean it---stop her if she gets carried away---and see how it looks then. 3 days without any cleaning can leave it looking pretty nasty.