Cat Sounds

xoxmyxox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My female cat cobey walks around making sounds like braaaap and chirping and is quite vocal and the meows range from soft to strong any reason for the sounds? Or is she just happy and communicating She is more vocal than my male cat[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
She is just talking to you!  My guy does that also. I talk back to him. We do have conversations. You just need to know what she is saying. 

I have come to recognize certain sounds mean certain things. I have gotten so far as to ask Artie, " what? What is it? Show me"... he will eventually lead me over to what he wants. 

Right now he has a certain yowl which means for me to open my closet door so he can inspect it. 

If she is an older cat who has always been quiet, then a Vet visit would be the best thing to do. Some medical things have been associated with excessive talking. 

If she is fairly new to you, then I would just let it go; have fun talking with her, and enjoy the conversation!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xoxmyxox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is nearly one I think it's more communication and just being vocal as its chipper and cheerful like her just letting me know she's around... None the less it's quite interesting as every sound us different and will have a different meaning she's not a quiet cat by any means always been like that from small very different from my make cat who tends to be more timid quiet[emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji]thanks for your thoughts in still learning and new to this cat thing[emoji]128578[/emoji][emoji]128578[/emoji][emoji]128578[/emoji]

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is very strange how cats respond to different people. When I adopted Artie, he had a lot of issues. I was unsure if he had any of them prior to his being given up. I tracked down his previous owner, who was surprised to hear that he is so vocal, and is really talking to me. She told me he was always very quiet. He did have another cat with him, in that house. With me, he is my one and only. Because I am alone, I talk to him constantly, and have found Artie to be very responsive! Sometimes to the point that I wish he would stop...no, seriously, the quiet days are the days I worry if he is alright!

I love having the chatter. He makes me feel that someone is here with me and I am not alone.

Cats who have some Siamese in them are chatters ....

Have fun with your "chatty Cathy"!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

xoxmyxox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's nice that you have a good relationship with him[emoji]9786[/emoji]️[emoji]9786[/emoji]️[emoji]9786[/emoji]️thanks I will have fun with chatty cobey[emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji][emoji]128008[/emoji]