Cat sore developed overnight

willowpeem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Helloo. Any help would be appreciated.

my cat has a little white and red sore on her belly which just appeared overnight. she recently got spayed but the sore (idk what to call it, it’s not open or oozing, it’s just a white little lump with a red ring around it) is to the right of the incision (which is almost fully healed and never had problems before this “sore” appeared). she hasn’t eaten as much today and whenever we try and touch or see her belly she whimpers like she’s in pain. she is more tired than usual and we are concerned!! She was perfectly fine yesterday. Seeing a vet in the morning but would like to have some answers (if any) before then.

Thank you so much and i can probably provide more information if needed. Picture attached

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems that the spaying occurred only a very few days ago, about a week or less, I'd say.
The sore lump being so close to the incision looks very concerning to me. It seems to me like an internal infection has developed and is trying to find a way out.
Does your cat have a temperature?
I wouldn't wait, and would take her to the vet right away.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
As mentioned, it looks like an internal infection or abscess coming to the surface. The fact that it happened so quickly is concerning. I would definitely take her to the vet to get it properly drained and cleaned. She may also need antibiotics.