Cat sleeps whole day after eye injury

Veronikafbr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My cat got into fight with neighbor's cat two days ago and he came with scratched eye. Since yesterday he's only sleeping and eating less. I took him to vet and they gave him some antibiotics for the eye. I'm bit worried if it's not something more serious after the fight? Do cats sleep so much after after small injury? I didn't find any other wounds on him, but this behavior worries me, looks like he's getting more lathergic every day.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Did the vet check him for other injuries when you took him in? Do you know how bad the fight was, although I understand you may not have seen it. The eye may be painful, but you are treating it. He could be lying low after the fight. However, watch his eating and drinking and if they taper off, get him back to the vet. Will he eat any special food like Hartz Delectable Stews or Gerbers Stage 2 baby meats?

One the face of it, if this is only an eye injury that is being treated properly, he should start to perk up. If he does not, call the vet and update them. If you think that the eye is really bothering him, let them know that in case the injury is not responding.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of antibiotic did they give him? Was it a shot? If it was a shot, it's possible that it was Convenia and extreme lethargy is one of the most common side effects.