cat sleeps on my head

inkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is this normal?
my other cats would never do this but mitch...must sleep on my head every night.
it's the first time i've ever had a cat do this.
i love it....anyone else have a cat do this?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many cats feel the need to be as close to their owners as possible when it's bed time. Yes, some do sleep, maybe not ON heads, but on the pillow above heads. My male will sleep this way at times. I often wake up covered by cats. I have 3

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually have one sleeping close to my head, but not on it. One that I had a long time ago had to be broken of the habit of sleeping across my face.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thx for your replies. i think my cat is just a special case...but that's why i love him!
he lays on the top of my head, so his face is beside mine.
the only time i don't like it is when he's turned around and it's not his face that i'm cuddling with...if ya know what i mean! not cool...

:wavey:

alex17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to sleep either stretched out across my neck or snuggled under my chin. When he was a tiny kitten he use to snuggle into my hair on my pillow but he doesnt do that anymore lol :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our RB cat Jamie used to sleep on my head when he was a kitten. It took ages to get him to content himself with sleeping on my feet. He did that for a couple of years and then decided that he absolutely had to sleep on my hip or back.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes, there can be too much love. I had all 5 stretched out next to me on the bed last night.  Did you ever try sleeping in the back seat of a Volkswagen? That's how I felt. Eventually, I made some of them move over.