Cat Sitting A Kitten

tiffyb388

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

My friend is going on vacation for about a week. I recently adopted a 4 month old kitten (Simon), and my friend adopted a 3ish month old kitten (Milo). She asked me to cat sit while she is away. She asked if I cared if she brought Milo over my house for the week or if I just wanted to stop at her house and play with him for a couple hours. Both situations would work for me but I was curious if one is better then the other. I did not want the kittens to get confused or anxious over the short change. (I am currently training my kitten on his sleep schedule and what is and is not allowed to climb on and did not want to mess up his training) But I also do not want to leave Milo alone at her house for long periods of time.

Any advice would be great!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
At Milo’s age he would be better off being with you than on his own. Youngsters can get themselves into mischief or danger pretty easily and I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving him alone at your friends place. Even if you need to keep him in the bathroom at your place for a week he would be safer. More than likely after a day of intros he would be happy to play with your kitten and in a week isn’t going to undo your kittens training.