Cat Sip & Flax

yokutwoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is on Chicken Soup for a Cat lover's Soul food and has been doing well on it for months ~ but he also has dandruff real bad from the base of his tail up his back ~ he has had this before the food change.

I have started giving him as a treat a small amount of Cat Sip ~ i would like start giving him some flax seed oil or fish oil ~ any suggestion on which one would be better ~ also i do not want to open up a capsule and pour it down his throat ~ thinking about opening it up and putting it his milk treat ????

Anyone out there done anything close to this or have used flax oil and seen a difference in their cat's coat???

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I give Jamie fish oil, because he needs the Omega fatty acids due to a bout with eosinophilic granuloma. The side-effect has been no dandruff. I slit the capsule, and squeeze the oil over his canned food. That would also work with dry food.
I've never tried flax oil.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i have used fish , salmon olive and flax .. i like olive due to omega 3 6 and 9 s being balenced .. fish or salmon oil is great just didnt find one I and the kids liked

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Grizzly Wild Salmon oil for my cat and dogs. They love the flavor, plus it's full of omega-3 and omega-6.