Cat Sick Of Food

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay... So, my cat just won't eat her regular food very much. She goes nuts for treats, and I've bought other flavors that she gobbles up. She'll eat her regular food, just not that much and only when she's really hungry. I get it, she's sick of her food. I have 4 flavors that I switch up every day. Thing is, I can't afford to buy her tons of different flavors all the time. Is there a way to keep her happy without having to do that?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats get really fussy with their wet foods too. Have you tried crumbling up some of her favorite treats and sprinkling on top of her food? That often helps get my cats to eat the food. If its hard treats i have even put a few in a baggie and rolled over them with a rolling pin. However you can do it to get a finer consistency to sprinkle on the food?

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to give my boys a different flavor each day. Sometimes they would eat it sometimes not, even if they liked that flavor a few days ago. I now give them only one flavor and they eat it up. Try taking the flavor you have the most cans of and the same flavor each day. Limit her treats during this time. When she gives you the pitiful "I'm starving. I need treats." look. Pull out a favorite toy or some catnip.