Cat Show & Pictures

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RB's are not popular show cats as many of them really don't want to be in the noise and cats in the show halls. They are not very "show oriented". My female RB hated shows. I had a rare neutered male that loved showing. I might go to 6-7 shows a year and only see an RB at one of them!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a Russian Blue once at a show and it acted just like my Sasha would.
When people come over Sasha hides and if I try to show her to anyone I get slashed.
Cleo hissed at my dad for some reason but hugs and purrs for everyone else.
I can not wait to touch a Rex.
I also love the exotic looking breeds.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

My final Attempt......... Ocicat?!
Yes
Chocolate spotted silver

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

RB's are not popular show cats as many of them really don't want to be in the noise and cats in the show halls. They are not very "show oriented".
No problems with the Russians here (blues, whites and blacks
), entires and neuters all are confident in the hall and don't hide.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well only the Blue is found in the Russians over here - the other colors are not shown or accepted. IMO (since I owned RB's) - I really only like them in the Blue color. I've seen the white and black in pictures - you don't have the nice pretty silver tipping and green eyes.

Guess it was like with the Brits - for a LONG time you only had British Blues. Now that they are more popular with non-solid blues, you call them British SH's (hope one day the pointed, chocolates and lilacs will be accepted as colors. I love the pointed Brits.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

No problems with the Russians here either! My pet peeve is people calling them Russian Blues all the time!

Great pics, Linda!
Actually the good pics are Lise and Steve's pics. Mine were terrible. My hubby argues that my camera will take good pictures and that it's operator error.
It's interesting to note that I can take great pictures with his camera so next time we are going somewhere where pictures will be taken, I'm going to insist he take my camera so he can prove to me just how poor a photographer I am.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

(hope one day the pointed, chocolates and lilacs will be accepted as colors. I love the pointed Brits.
We have all those colours over here, I love the pointed they are very pretty.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Actually the good pics are Lise and Steve's pics. Mine were terrible. My hubby argues that my camera will take good pictures and that it's operator error.
It's interesting to note that I can take great pictures with his camera so next time we are going somewhere where pictures will be taken, I'm going to insist he take my camera so he can prove to me just how poor a photographer I am.
Did you take the pics you attached? I was referring to the ones you attached (like the 2 ocicats) since it was your thread. I replied to Steve's too though!

It's hard to take pictures at cat shows - the cats are always moving. I'm especially hopeless at it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Did you take the pics you attached? I was referring to the ones you attached (like the 2 ocicats) since it was your thread. I replied to Steve's too though!

It's hard to take pictures at cat shows - the cats are always moving. I'm especially hopeless at it!
Oh, yes I took the 2 ocicat pictures - thank you. You are so right, it was impossible to get them to be still long enough for a picture. The owner would hold them up, they would be looking straight at my camera and as soon as I pushed the button they turned away!
Bijou is exactly the same. I see such amazing expressions on his face and hubby is always commenting on Beej's different facial expressions but as soon as I point a camera at him, he goes all shy and turns away.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it - I wind up taking tons of pics of my Oci's just to get a few good ones. Thank God for digital as you can erase the bad photos. Those 1 second delays mess it up.