Cat shivering a week after spay

CleoNAURRr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My car got spayed on 1/13 and I’ve been a mess😭
3-4 days ago I noticed her having sneezing fits. I thought it could be because she was in her playpen with her litter box for a week so I let her out yesterday since it was 7 days after her spay. She slept on my while I was working she started shivering then woke up with her mouth open and i thought she couldn’t breath so I immediately took her to the vet. They basically said she has an upper respiratory infection and sent me home with 3 different medications. Went back today and she didn’t have a fever but now it’s an hour before her dose and she’s shivering again 😭 should I be concerned or is it maybe cause its almost time for her next round of meds?? Also if anyone has advice on how to give her the medication I’d really appreciate it. She spits and foams from the taste of one that smells like banana 😅 I feel so bad

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate that clavamox. It does smell like bananas. Call your vet and ask for something else. A cat that is already congested, the last thing they need to deal with is someone shoving banana liquid down their throat.
What other meds did they give you?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not uncommon for a kitty to pick up an URI about 7-10 days after a trip to the vet due to stress. I personally do not give Clavamox because it causes such severe reactions in kitties. I had a cat who tolerated it for about 2 doses, then started violently vomiting. My vet seldom prescribes it at all because so many kitties have reactions to it. I would call the vet and ask for a different medication. Did they give you any information on the shivering?