Cat Shelves

nedgar08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to share these shelves we put up for our cats! They like to find treats up there occasionally, and they also use them to survey their territory.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nedgar08

I just wanted to share these shelves we put up for our cats! They like to find treats up there occasionally, and they also use them to survey their territory.
Excellent! Bet the kitties love 'em. I want some shelves for my cats. I think they would really enjoy them. Right now I have the tall cat trees for them. The trees are next to windows so the meezers can look outside from them.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicely done. Yeah, something I always see on the cat behavior shows is recommend something to climb on, shelves and/or trees.

A climbing kitty is a happy kitty.

presto

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're definitely on the right track. Cats love not only to be in high places, but to be able to navigate around a room without using the floor. Right now, I am setting up my living room with a cat tree adjacent to a bookshelf (to which they can then access the top). From the book shelf they can move to the widow sill, and around to a another bookshelf, and finally, accross the top of the couch, and down to exit the room! All of this was possible with ONE cat tree strategically placed.

Some people go to great lengths by setting up long shelves (walkways) so the cats can move about above the floor.