Cat Seems to have a hard time Peeing...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as an obligate carnivore would a cat not be able to live completely nutritionally sound on meat forever?  If that is so than the only nutrients we would have to really worry about getting into the cat would be the nutrients found in meat.  Cats must be able to make the rest of the nutrients from other substrates and metabolites.  So I guess a kitty power-bar is not needed nor is a kitty Centrum

yes, if you think meat/organs/bone - or essentially, what is in a "prey diet"..... and nope.... no kitty power bar or kitty centrum is needed in that case....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will respectfully disagree with this Carolina.  Table scraps can not possibly provide the nutrition of a nutritionally sound premium kibble.  From your statement I'm reading that you think a cat on an all kibble diet would be just as well off eating a diet of table scraps. 
It's ok to disagree with me Mike... Depending on what you call "table Scraps" and on the kibble, I seriously have my doubts. There are ways to balance home made meals and make it way healthier than a carb heavy kibble.
Even the most premium kibbles in the market, still lack the moisture that table scraps offer to the cats, that are so important.
Knowing what I know today, I don't think there is a "nutritionally sound" kibble to be fed all by itself..... and yes, I rather have some table scraps, home made food (balanced), raw, canned, but not 100% kibbles.

Last edited:

arlo haarsma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yikes...Cher is on 100% kibble...I see what you are saying and where this could go.  Water is so important.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as an obligate carnivore would a cat not be able to live completely nutritionally sound on meat forever?  If that is so than the only nutrients we would have to really worry about getting into the cat would be the nutrients found in meat.  Cats must be able to make the rest of the nutrients from other substrates and metabolites.  So I guess a kitty power-bar is not needed nor is a kitty Centrum

The food that a cat hunts, catches and eats is not just lean meat.  Cat also eats innards, skin, fur / feather, fat, bone and gut contents, plus it's raw and it's fresh.  Table scraps contain some cooked meat and some fat - at many tables they seem to be mostly fat.  Cooking reduces taurine content - it's added back in to commercial foods - and an adequate intake of taurine is essential for feline health.

claudeone

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
JB,

If the urinalysis comes back negative consider this, after looking at the photo of the cat pee, you have more than one cat and the other may be aggressive toward the other.  That would explain the appearance of streaked urine in the box with litter outside the box because the other cat may have attacked while the other is peeing!

About the yadee on diet from the others, one of the things I am trying to do is convert 3 junk food kitties from kibble to a more natural feline diet. This is because the more I look into diet the more evidence there is that commercial cat food is not the best or ideal diet for a feline.  One of the real eye openers is there is no claim to using human grade quality ingredients stated on most cat food because their sources of meat do not qualify for that statement.  Digging even deeper you will find more information that most commercial pet food manufactures use protein and fat ingredients from rendering plants.  Rendering plants take in all of the non human grade dead animals including road kill, euthanized animals, diseased animals and so on.  This is not rocket science this is convenience and economy when it comes to feeding your cats.  We live in a microwave society based on everything being convenient so why would we not just open a bag or pop open a can to feed our pets?  Sorry for the sarcasm but it is true!