Cat scratching alot.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plebayo said:
Firstly, if you cannot afford a random trip to the vet. Don't have a cat, in fact, don't have any animal. If YOU were scratching yourself until puss came out, you'd take yourself to the doctor. The cheapest part in owning an animal is purchasing it. In buying any animal, big or small, there are bound to be problems. Your cat sounds like he's really uncomfortable.

QUOTE]

Jee then I shouldnt have any animals since I dont have 500 bucks lying around for an "elective type sugery for my dog ... PLEASE think a little about what your writing...

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Jee then I shouldnt have any animals since I dont have 500 bucks lying around for an "elective type sugery for my dog ... PLEASE think a little about what your writing...
I think an "elective" type surgery and pus spilling out of a cats face are two different things.....I think she has it right on....when you get an animal you need to expect the unexpected.....if you can not plan for that, then yes you probably shouldn't own an animal........

I dont find anything wrong with what she said....even if she was a little straight forward about it..........

Hope the elective surgery isnt for anything too serious, and that he is ok...

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Usually in a $500 surgery the vet let's you do payments. I wouldn't expect someone to pull $500 out of their butt. However, I own a horse, and know very well that i need to have emergency money saved... which is a good thing because I spent $400 doing vaccines, endoscopey, and an emergency visit

Honestly, owning an animal you KNOW they are bound to get into something. You should at least know that further down the road you may have to spend the $30 for a vet visit to make sure your cat or dog is okay. If you can't bring your cat or dog in to be checked out, why bother owning it?

I wouldn't expect someone to have $500 on hand, but I would expect someone to have $30 for a vet visit, to at least figure out what is wrong with the pet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update:

It turns out Stinky & Flash both had fleas. We just noticed a bunch of flea dirt on the white sheets. We bathed them, cleaned there ears, gave them Advantage, and washed all the sheets and pillows in the house. It turns out Stinky gets a worse reaction from the fleas, thats why he got scabs, the puss was from continuous scratching. Flash dosent get much of a reaction, she would scratch once in a while, but would you believe she had 3 times more "flea dirt" than Stinky, and all she did was scratch only once in a while, amazing! Stinky's scabs are healing well, and the scratching is almost completely gone.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keith, that's good that you got the problem diagnosed and fixed. I bet both you and the kitty's are feeling a whole lot better.

Thanks for the update.

gia_c

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thats good you got it fixed. i can sympathize at least with not being able to drop all this money on a vet visit..i found a vet..where if i just need a shot..i just get the shot and i dont have to pay 45 dollars everytime for an examination (like some vets)..so its nice! when my cat got tapeworms i took him in to get his shot, like 5 minutes : in and out, and then just paid the 20 bucks!

when i took my dog to get his 2nd or 3rd puppy shots (i forget) i of course had to pay for an examination but what purturbed (bothered, i dont know if i spelled it right! haha) me was that when the vet came in (and the other 2 real vets were gone, this was where i worked at a kennel assistant) the examination was so..pointless..to me at least. he just looked at the dog. barely did anything apart from touching him..(i already know my dog was healthy as a horse) and i paied like 30-40 bucks to find out what i already know (i think i could tell/feel if there was something wrong with me dog) lol. but yea the vet i found i like a lot..they dont require an examination everytime..if your gonna do an examination at least to a thourough one! lol give us our moneys worth!
haha.
good for the cats though!! no more fleas i hope!!