Cat says, "Yo! I pooped!"

chainsrgone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not really a "problem" because I think it's really cute. I would just love to know why she does this. Whenever my cat finishes doing her thing in the litter box, she lets out a meow that sounds like she REALLY wants attention. Sometimes she does it once, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It doesn't really seem like she's in pain or anything, it just sounds like she's making sure we know what she just did. We keep her box pretty clean and we see nothing in her "leavins" that makes us think anything's wrong. Anybody ever heard of this? It's hard to describe the sound but it's pretty entertaining. Hopefully it doesn't mean something's wrong. I might feel a little rotten about laughing at her.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this. I hope it means that she's just proud of herself! I'd say as long as she's going in the litterbox and has normal poops, she's just saying "Look what I did. Yay!"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you say she does this once she finishes instead of while-shes-doing-it, its probably nothing health related.

One of my kitties, the most active I ever see him for the day is after he goes poo. He takes off running as fast as he can for about a minute. He has even knocked dining chairs down and even broken a lamp after one of his run. (but hes also a big kitty)

We truly appreciate this, since he doesnt cover his poo, so we always know when to go cover for him.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one that announces prior to going. I have no idea why he does this, but he does. It's a good reminder to get up and scoop.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie does that. He's definitely telling me to come clean out his litter box, because he keeps it up till I come and scoop. Sometimes he tells DH when I'm not home, sometimes he doesn't. He also does it if he spits up a hairball or grass or steps in something unpleasant.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, the announcement of a kitty bowl movement is normal
. Our beloved Sweety had to tell anyone who was listening she made a stinky, and then tear around the house like she just lost a pound
. Maia also does this, but even more so the tearing around, giant leaps and what I call 'puma ears' (slightly tilted back) even after she pees!

tabster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only time Lucky ever did that was when he was constipated, but we could definitely tell he was in pain. It kind of sounded like he was yelling OWWW. I wish he would tell us every time he went, that sounds so funny