Cat(s) Peeing In Same Spot Out Of Box

jabsi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well the title says it all. They are peeing and occasionally pooping out of their boxes in the same corner of the same room. They never go outside the box anywhere else.

Here's the problem: I just spent a small fortune ripping the carpet out of that room, painting the subfloor/walls with odor eliminator, then putting in brand new carpet. That hasn't stopped them. They have given us a lot of trouble and this is where I'm going to snap. So far I've tried (obviously) redoing the room to eliminate smell, using enzyme cleaners, punish/reward. Restricting access to that room isn't an option since it's my daughter's bedroom. They've both been checked at the vet recently and have a clean bill of health. My vet is aware they are doing this.

Two spayed females, ages 3.5 and 1.5.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How often is the litterbox cleaned?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jabsi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How often is the litterbox cleaned?
Daily. There are two litter boxes that are cleaned once a day. I do know they each use their "own" box.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried different types of litterboxes? Some cats prefer covered, while others prefer uncovered.

jabsi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you tried different types of litterboxes? Some cats prefer covered, while others prefer uncovered.
I have one who uses a covered box and one who uses an uncovered one. They also prefer different types of litter and I cater to that.

jabsi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have one cat who's more high maintenance than the other, but I do believe both of them are using this corner.