Cat(s) eating like they're starved! (All tests come back normal??)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

careypa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Than you for all of the responses. After the not feeding enough comment I did some quick research and realized that they weren't getting enough!

Since that comment the 2 have been getting 2 cans a day of FF with an 1/8 of dry food. I did the math and that all added up to an appropriate amount for 10lb cats. The 6 lb cat still gets same wet food but now gets 1/4 cup dry.

Both cats have calmed down A LOT! Grant it it's only been a few days but you can still see a difference in them. Riley hasn't been temperamental either lately.

Yesterday I apologized to them for being a "stupid human." They head bumped me and accepted my apology.

I have no idea how I got on that food regimen and I can't believe they never said anything before. Good news is they are pretty healthy as they regularly go to the vet. Can't believe none of the vets said anything bout their food??

Anyway I love those lil guys and I was feeling bad but everything is all good. Now I just gotta keep an eye on their weight.

And Blade, the bland diet cat, does get vitamins and there is taurine in his mixture.

He seems to be pretty healthy too...regular vet check ups as well. He's not overly fat but he's gained some weight so I gotta keep an eye on him. (He's my hyperthyroidism and pancreatitis cat.)

Thanks again for all the help. I just counted the cat food cans in the closet yesterday and there were 105! Good for the month!

fleabags mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! And welcome to the stupid human club, we all make mistakes! :-)