Cat rubs its face all over my legs after a shower

ancientsanskrit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In TX, but will always be a Michigan-boy.
My little guy is always rubbing his face on my legs immediately after I take a shower. He does this daily. I'm assuming he is marking his territory since their scent glands are on their cheeks, so to speak.

It's kind of funny watching the little guy try to cover the entire surface area of my leg every morning!

Just wondering if this is indeed the case.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls will come and help me "dry" off. They will lick the water off my legs. Last night while I was soaking in a hot bath, Dusty came up and was sticking her paw in the water and splashing. It was so cute!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is probably wondering why mom keeps cleaning his scent off and making him do all that work every day, after all you DO belong to him

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take after shower leg rubbing over the naked (if you're not fast enough with the towel) torso jump and attaching (if you're too slow to catch her when she jumps) any day,
(Smoochie....
).

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*giggles* Niko likes to lick the entire length of my forearms after I get out of the shower.. I always joke that apparently, I didn't do a good enough job and he's taking up the slack.

peterpoemercado

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by ancientsanskrit

My little guy is always rubbing his face on my legs immediately after I take a shower. He does this daily. I'm assuming he is marking his territory since their scent glands are on their cheeks, so to speak.

It's kind of funny watching the little guy try to cover the entire surface area of my leg every morning!

Just wondering if this is indeed the case.
That means you are his and no cat come near you.

chris rockwell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Buddy always rubs his face on my feet after I get out of the shower. He will continuously do it until I put on some socks...