Cat Ringworm

selshafie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All, glad to be here
I'm overwhelmed by ringworm, this nightmare started on April. My cat 2 years old gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens, after a few weeks I noticed scaly patches on the kittens feet, face, or ears. I took them to the vet and he confirmed that they have ringworm, and since they were really young, I only gave them topical medications and thank god four of them are free of ringworm.
My problem is with the mother, she caught it after the kitten about 3 weeks later ( I didn't want to separate them as they were still nursing) - it only appeared on her nose and one ear, she and the male caught it and the vet told me to give them terbinafine pills (I'm in Egypt we don't have itracanzole nor lime sulfur dips) and topical treatment. The male had a speed recovery, and unfortunately she started to refuse to eat and to vomit green bile so I stopped the oral medication immediately, took her to the vet and he gave her shots and thank god she started to eat again. The problem is she only took topical treatment. after multiple visits to the vet (because she had to take shots), she became really stressed, she started to shed her hair like crazy, I noticed that she lost her hair on her second ear and her back and her side, took her to the vet again and he clipped her hair. we found the ringworm everywhere, (from her ear to her tail), he told me to give her vitamins to help her immunity, and to resume the topical treatment (terbinafine spray, chlorhexidine shampoo, clotrimazole Spray)

after two weeks of treatment her ears and back wasn't red anymore and I started to hope she is getting better, but I started to find her hair everywhere again, and the only place that still had hair was her chin, I looked and there it was again. a big bald spot .

I don't know what to do, I've been cleaning like crazy everyday for the past three months, trying to reduce her stress but she is always afraid now because of the constant treatment, I don't know what to do either. did anyone go through something like this? is there any tips i can do? is there is something I'm missing?

I don't give her baths I just rub the shampoo on the affected areas and then remove it with a wet cotton. she is already nervous enough

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you order the Lime Sulfer Dip via the internet? I don't have any idea whether or not it can be sent to your country or not, but it might be worth a try. That seems to help, along with the oral meds.

Lexia1226

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m going through a similar situation. My daughter and I adopted a kitten. We didn’t know kitten had ringworm. Our resident cat cough it and now he’s loosing lots and lots of fur. We took them to vet, resident cat(Cleo) is on oral med ( trifungal) and we’ve been giving him and kitten (Yuwi) lime sulfur dips. In my personal opinion, the dips are working more then the meds for my poor Cleo, but his getting anxious and afraid of the dips. Maybe your vet can proscribe an Antifungal bath to bathe them with?. Hang in there, I feel your pain. Sending you and your babies love.

Bitsy's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I had a smiliar situation and it took forever, but ultimately my cats were free of it.

I washed all bedding, my blankets and vacuumed constantly. With regard to her nerves and administering medication, can you try something like Inaba Churu paste to give her as a treat to lick while you are doing what you are doing for treatment? I don't know if you have it in Egypt, but all cats love it and as they lick it - maybe that would help to associate treats with treatment.

Thank you for doing your best for her. :redheartpump:

tammy3864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All, glad to be here
I'm overwhelmed by ringworm, this nightmare started on April. My cat 2 years old gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens, after a few weeks I noticed scaly patches on the kittens feet, face, or ears. I took them to the vet and he confirmed that they have ringworm, and since they were really young, I only gave them topical medications and thank god four of them are free of ringworm.
My problem is with the mother, she caught it after the kitten about 3 weeks later ( I didn't want to separate them as they were still nursing) - it only appeared on her nose and one ear, she and the male caught it and the vet told me to give them terbinafine pills (I'm in Egypt we don't have itracanzole nor lime sulfur dips) and topical treatment. The male had a speed recovery, and unfortunately she started to refuse to eat and to vomit green bile so I stopped the oral medication immediately, took her to the vet and he gave her shots and thank god she started to eat again. The problem is she only took topical treatment. after multiple visits to the vet (because she had to take shots), she became really stressed, she started to shed her hair like crazy, I noticed that she lost her hair on her second ear and her back and her side, took her to the vet again and he clipped her hair. we found the ringworm everywhere, (from her ear to her tail), he told me to give her vitamins to help her immunity, and to resume the topical treatment (terbinafine spray, chlorhexidine shampoo, clotrimazole Spray)

after two weeks of treatment her ears and back wasn't red anymore and I started to hope she is getting better, but I started to find her hair everywhere again, and the only place that still had hair was her chin, I looked and there it was again. a big bald spot .

I don't know what to do, I've been cleaning like crazy everyday for the past three months, trying to reduce her stress but she is always afraid now because of the constant treatment, I don't know what to do either. did anyone go through something like this? is there any tips i can do? is there is something I'm missing?

I don't give her baths I just rub the shampoo on the affected areas and then remove it with a wet cotton. she is already nervous enough
When my cat got it I used 4 life transfer factor it’s cow colostrum and it boosts the immune system and ours went away with like 3 treatments

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my cat got it I used 4 life transfer factor it’s cow colostrum and it boosts the immune system and ours went away with like 3 treatments
What dosage did you give ? and did you use any other medicines or treatments alongside that or was just 4life factor enough?