Cat-related Pet Peeves - let's vent!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know this one... I'm sure most of us do. 

And it usually happens because you have people coming around any minute and think "I'll just change the litter over before they come"...

:argh:
I let out a few swear words!

I hate it when people assume that because I have indoor cats, that I must live in cat urine and feces. It's always nose-deaf dog owners that say this, not normal dog owners.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

He's also annoying when he's on the window sill outside, wanting to come in, we think, so we open the door for him, and he looks at us, not budging. We call him for a few mins, but he sits blinking at us. So we shut the door. Then 10 mins later he's pacing up and down, this time he wants to come in. Obviously on his terms. 
Hahahaha!  This happens all the time with our THREE.  We call our sliding glass door the Cat Freeway because they'd rather sit there waiting for us to get up and let them in than go around the house to their cat door.  But yeah, half the time I'll get up, open the door, and they'll sit there, just out of reach and look at me like "What are you doing here, why did you open the door?"  I'll shut it and go sit down and five minutes later, they look at me from outside the door like I've left them out in a blizzard and why aren't I opening the door for them....

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Which leads me to one of my pet peeves...the dust from the so called "dust-free" litter & the "unscented" stuff still having a perfume smell to it!  Eww & gag!  (All the reasons I switched to the Petco brand, on someone's advice from a thread on here...Turned out to be great advice because I don't really have those problems anymore, so whoever that was Thank You!)
Could have been me.  
  That solution (switching to the Petco brand) worked for me.  I found the same thing, unscented doesn't necessarily mean there's no scent to it!