Cat Randomly Acting Weird Today. Really Worried

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ew, that's pretty bad. I think my roommate has those, too. They're juicy with chemicals. Poor baby
Yaah idk if that’s the issue they said either something toxic affecting his liver or the FIP which is lethal.

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope it's just the Brillo pad and they can detoxify him. I looked up Brillo pads, and they use real old fashioned Tallow based soap, animal fat and lye. Might have been what attracted him to it in the first place. I will never have those in my house now.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can get poisoned pretty easily. My brother's former cat died after licking a *closed* can of something the handyman left overnight on an in progress job. The little drying dribbles on the side were fatal. I didn't judge him...its a tough mindset to get into, to realize you need to worry about a closed can.

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can get poisoned pretty easily. My brother's former cat died after licking a *closed* can of something the handyman left overnight on an in progress job. The little drying dribbles on the side were fatal. I didn't judge him...its a tough mindset to get into, to realize you need to worry about a closed can.
Yeah we checked the house three times for things that were open spilled and nothing except the Brillo pad he chewed on

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another update.. they flushed his system last night and did more test this morning and the blood work came back fine. So I'm assuming FIP is out of the picture. They think he ate something, got bit by spider, scared himself and hurt his back. Bringing him home tonight and seeing how he does, if he starts acting weird they'll send his blood to the lab to test for infectious diseases. I hope that's not the case

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope it's just the Brillo pad and they can detoxify him. I looked up Brillo pads, and they use real old fashioned Tallow based soap, animal fat and lye. Might have been what attracted him to it in the first place. I will never have those in my house now.
I'm sure you can use them, I don't know if that it what caused. Just have to be cautious and keep out of reach from them

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hes been home since yesterday seems more like himself but he keeps twitching and licking his leg and ears are twitching. Something is freaking him out.. wonder if it’s fleas. I haven’t seen any

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can buy a comb like the vet has, and brush down his spine to see if you find flea dirt.