Cat Randomly Acting Weird Today. Really Worried

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, t

I'm new to this site and I've pretty much had cats my whole life.

I adopted my cat Eli a couple years ago and he's been in good health except once had ring worm that is now cleared up. He also has stinky anal glands that smell when he gets really excited.

He has an obsession for food that started when he was 6 months old. He meows until I feed him and when I do he eats really fast. I consulted my vet and they gave me some strategies to help.

Normally when I get home he's at the door waiting and meowing normal as usual. Today I got home and he was quiet.. his back started twitching, his ears went back, and his eyes larger than normal. I thought maybe he is injured, he seems fine.. it's really freaking me out. This is 100% unlike him. He will start going to sleep and one minute he's awake running to the other side of the couch. I read a few articles about what it could possibly be. I checked the house to toxic spills, nothing. I checked his skin, I checked him to see if he had broken bones, nothing. It's snowing and I can't get to the vet right now. Any ideas or anything I should do to help?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know, but it would definitely be good to get a vet check as soon as you can. just try to keep things calm until you can. I hope he better now?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounds like he is anxious about something or maybe just a little wound up. Offer him some food or a special treat and see if he eats. If he is eating, drinking and using the litterbox he isn’t too sick but if he is still behaving oddly in the morning you will want the vet to see him.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could it be from static? The back spasms remind me of something that's bothering his fur.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he's eating and drinking, playing and not I'll, nothing to worry about.

Cats see and hear things we don't. They can develop weird habits.
I wouldn't overthink stuff.

Cats are Weird, they do weird stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he's eating and drinking, playing and not I'll, nothing to worry about.

Cats see and hear things we don't. They can develop weird habits.
I wouldn't overthink stuff.

Cats are Weird, they do weird stuff.
I could understand however he’s acting completely different than his normal
Self

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could it be from static? The back spasms remind me of something that's bothering his fur.
I’ve had a a lot of static lately and when I go to pet him at times I shock him. Do you know how cats act when they have static in fur

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve had a a lot of static lately and when I go to pet him at times I shock him. Do you know how cats act when they have static in fur
My cats are really not happy and pretty bewildered by static haha. But maybe check the cat for fleas?

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I ended up gonna to the vet, they’re doing tests right now.

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update he’s very sick and they did blood work and he has to stay overnight. It’s either toxic in his system or FIP which is lethal. They are going to call tomorrow. Hoping for the best

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I checked the whole house I don’t see anything he could of possibly gotten into

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, poor baby... Where are you, what country? Just to get an idea of the time. Fingers crossed for the little guy...

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s bourbon 1 PM. I actually found something when I got home. I found chewed up Brillo pad in the closet. He loves his toys so he must of thought it was. Called the vet let them know. Still doing test

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s bourbon 1 PM. I actually found something when I got home. I found chewed up Brillo pad in the closet. He loves his toys so he must of thought it was. Called the vet let them know. Still doing test
Oh sorry meant to say it’s about*

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where's bourbon? lol -- about, gotcha.
Okay. I don't what's a Brillo pad, either.

Elithecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Brillo pad is a cleaning pad. Has some kind of soap chemical on it. Look it up. I found it today

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ew, that's pretty bad. I think my roommate has those, too. They're juicy with chemicals. Poor baby