Cat question

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi was wondering do cats know that we love them ? Just curious since I’ve been having to go through this spay journey with my baby . Sometimes I wonder ? Does she know that what I do for her is out of love especially when she’s sick or during this time ? Only reason I asked cause when I got her at 6 weeks my landlord insist on her getting her shots .

well I had to put her through it but the funny thing was I bought her home laid her on my pillow on my bed . She wasn’t feeling good guess she had a fever from it . She wouldn’t eat or drink nothing . I had to give her water by syringe and keep an eye on her . Well after a few hours idk but she broke the fever and start running around . When most cats I figure would hide but after that night she came out her shell .

so it always made me wonder if she knows that when I do take care of her when she’s sick or ect if she knows it’s out of love and not punishment ?

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure cats always understand when we "torture" them in order of help them. But I think they're happy when they feel better. That's the main goal for both sides. It's not like we like to mess with them either. And I know cats feel our love and they love us back. Just maybe not in that exact moment when we're doing stuff to them. 🤣

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure cats always understand when we "torture" them in order of help them. But I think they're happy when they feel better. That's the main goal for both sides. It's not like we like to mess with them either. And I know cats feel our love and they love us back. Just maybe not in that exact moment when we're doing stuff to them. 🤣
Lmao yeah I think she likes me better when I don’t torture her to death lol I wish I knew everything I know now about raising a cat lol it must of been torture when I used to cut her nails then lmao

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
so it always made me wonder if she knows that when I do take care of her when she’s sick or ect if she knows it’s out of love and not punishment ?
I don't think we can convey our intentions albeit well meaning to a cat or perhaps any other animal. However, because we feed them, clean their litter box, groom them, play with them, cuddle them if they allow it, etc. they trust us. It is this trust that tells them we love and care. :catlove:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never think of cats as "acting aloof". They're not herd animals the way we are, despite some living in colonies. And even humans have individual personalities, some are more social, some are more solitary. Then there are simple moods when one does or doesn't want company. My current pair are very affectionate and often downright clingy, but not 100% of the time, fortunately!

They also obviously have no idea why I poke pills down their throats every day, but they tolerate it, and fortunately Daisy generally looks on her doses of Osmolax as a treat.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elsie goes to the vet in the morning. She isn't feeling well and has been very attention seeking today. I think she is either looking for comfort or trying to tell us she is sick, maybe both. She even sat on my lap, an honor ordinarily reserved for DH. She won't be happy about a vet visit but I know she will forgive after.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittybang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Elsie goes to the vet in the morning. She isn't feeling well and has been very attention seeking today. I think she is either looking for comfort or trying to tell us she is sick, maybe both. She even sat on my lap, an honor ordinarily reserved for DH. She won't be happy about a vet visit but I know she will forgive after.
How’s your baby doing ? Is Elsie doimg any better ?