Cat purring quicker before sleep

Eml1996!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! The past few days my bombay Murky seemed to be purring before she falls asleep louder than usual. She has a vet appt in November and when I called they didn't seemed alarmed and said to wait for my appt unless she loss appetite/ or becames lethargic. She is still spritning around the house and eating like normal. The only symptom she seems to has is the deeper purr that doesn't sound like her usual, once she is asleep it stops.
I attached a link with the noise she has been making kinda hard to hear but also tricky to describe lol.

Thanks for anyone who is able to offer insight!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That actually seems pretty normal. And purr volume can change without warning, at any time for no reason at all. Hek used to purr so softly that I thought she didn't purr at all, now she purrs so hard she actually chirps with it. And then abruptly falls deeply asleep and stops, from one breath to the next. Just her doing her. Your baby girl is playing, and eating, so nothing terrible is amiss!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eml1996!

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I think with working from home I notice more chirps and noises then ever lol.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, we have a good number of members who are going through that...some of them seem to be saying, "WHO IS THIS CAT???" The THINGS you find out when you're home all the time! OH MY!