Cat Purchase Fails

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever told you your cat is bizarre? :winkcat: NOT LIKE PAPER BAGS?!! Are you sure Sweetie is a CAT? :flail: Seriously, I've got two little cats something like this: one is small, orange, and has rice inside, so it can be microwaved to be warm and then put in with a cat who needs warmth; and the other is larger, between kitten and cat size; it has a removable red plastic "heart" that has batteries inside; you turn the switch on and it has a heartbeat vibration. I bought this one for a kitten I rescued and I put it in with her to reassure her. She liked it.
No, I don't think Sweetie is strange. He's a rescue I adopted when he was about 2 and a half. I don't know anything about his early years, but it's possible he was in some type of environment where he was just never exposed to anything like a paper bag.

sarah430

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought my kitties one of those birdie toys that attaches to the doorway on a long bungee string so they'd have something to play with while I was gone. They only showed interest in it when I was there to pull on it and make it bounce around for them.

OTOH, they're favorite all time toy is the $2.99 Cat Dancer. Cardboard and wire, who would have thought? :woo:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Your cats and their toys are terrific! They should never be bored. The cat tree is wonderful. There's room for everyone. We have five smaller ones and no-one will share a tree. They all want the top bunk and will repel anyone who tries to take it from them. It's like a game of King of the Mountain.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Your cats and their toys are terrific! They should never be bored. The cat tree is wonderful. There's room for everyone. We have five smaller ones and no-one will share a tree. They all want the top bunk and will repel anyone who tries to take it from them. It's like a game of King of the Mountain.
My 2 cats do not get along. Having the tree wide allows them to not be close and many places to sit. If Peaches is where Maggie wants to be she will bump her off.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my cat the circular toy that has two balls that roll around inside of it. She walked over, looked at it, touched it with her paw and walked away. Then when I dropped the little hard plastic thingy that comes on the electric cord plug when things are delivered, she slid it like a hockey puck across the wood floors! So I can save my money by not buying any toys for her, just give her something that will move when she bats at it! :rolleyes2:

nahui

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have bought tons of toys. Every single one has been and still is played with. I have 4 adult cats
Plus shipping trash. Throw toys and they chase after, circular toy with a ball, variety of wand toys
I've been considering buying that toy that looks like a carpet for a while now, but since I don't seem to learn from my mistakes, I was wondering if I could ask you whether your cats do play with it consistently? Maybe I'll buy it and just end up with another story for this thread! :flail:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now there's a non-fail, inexpensive idea!
When will any of us learn? Instead of that 100.00 cat tree, they much prefer to climb the curtains and scratch a $1000.00 couch. They love tearing up any newspaper that is laying on the floor to all those crinkle balls I buy. They will bat a dead mouse around for two days and totally ignore the expensive motorized toys I buy. They will drink out of a bird poop filled bird bath rather than the $80.00 fountain I bought. They much prefer my black dress pants to lay on then the expensive beds I buy. We would be better off to let them dig through the trash and find their own toys! ;)

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 190477 View attachment 190478 View attachment 190479 View attachment 190480 View attachment 190481 I have bought tons of toys. Every single one has been and still is played with. I have 4 adult cats
Plus shipping trash. Throw toys and they chase after, circular toy with a ball, variety of wand toys
The last picture gave me an idea. I'm going to put my kitty's tree in front of the patio door so she can look outside, now that it's too hot for her to be out there for very long.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My 4 adult cats mostly like wand toys and to throw things CoCo is an exception. She likes everything. All other toys they play with occasionally. I think it's because they are adult. As adults hunting is their top priority. As kittens they were more into the other stuff. Maggie likes to hide then pounce. My cats will tear apart newspaper but love to jump, hide, and sleep in the shipping paper. The time to play with them is before they eat. I feed them 3 meals a day. My tree was $75. Also have lots of cubes

Last edited: