Cat puked up snake; and keeps vomiting

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My cat is four years old and around noon he puked like 6 times then a snake (I do believe it’s a snake in the photo) came hurling out. It’s now 7:00pm and he’s still vomiting dark brown. Everything is closed and I live in the country. He is an indoor cat only, so we think he got the snake when he went into the garage. Any suggestions? He’s not his usually self and he is walking slow. Thank you.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you call your vet anyways and see what the after hours message instructs for emergencies? Some snakes can be poisonous to cats. Could it possibly be braided rope? Whatever the thing is, don't throw it away. The vet will need it to positively identify what it is and treat the cat accordingly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisydixon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I have saved it and they don’t have anybody on call. He sleeping next to me and I’ll be watching him till the sun comes up and I can get him in. He hasn’t vomited in 5 hours so that’s a plus.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that looks like braided rope to me too. Snakes are digestible and ropes aren't. And rope/string can mess up their intestines. Definitely call the vet as soon as possible.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am going with rope as well....in fact, like 99% sure. He still needs to see a vet asap. Was anything on the ends of the rope like fasteners or plastic? If so, make the vet aware of that as well.