Cat pregnant? What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay more update on bonnet: she still has a small bit of blood coming out. And I mean very small... But what concerns me the most is the lack of color in her face.... She has just been so tired to... Still eating drinking and doing everything that a healthy cat should do... How long would it take for her to have a miscarriage if that were to happen? It has officially been 24 hours....

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay at day 3 of this bleeding I am still worried... There has been no change in her behavior, eating drinking purring etc etc.... And i can feel multiple kittens moving around in there too. Another thing I see is that the discharge is brown now instead of red. Could this mean that it's almost over? Get colors are starting to return to normal so I'm not as concerned but still.... Any help I can get would be great!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay at day 3 of this bleeding I am still worried... There has been no change in her behavior, eating drinking purring etc etc.... And i can feel multiple kittens moving around in there too. Another thing I see is that the discharge is brown now instead of red. Could this mean that it's almost over? Get colors are starting to return to normal so I'm not as concerned but still.... Any help I can get would be great!
How is her temperature?  You can measure in the armpit of the foreleg, to be extra nonintrusive.   And just add 1 full Celsius or three Fahrenheit.

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is her temperature?  You can measure in the armpit of the foreleg, to be extra nonintrusive.   And just add 1 full Celsius or three Fahrenheit.
Well she feels fine.. This morning I don't see any discharge at all and her colors have almost completely returned to her face... I feel like it's passing over but I'm just very unsure about why this is happening??! I feel moving kittens and she's only about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy!

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd be concerned about infection. I honestly think she needs to be checked out by a vet.
From what I've heard, if she does have an infection she wouldn't be acting normal she could have a temperature and the discharge would have a nasty smell to it... None of those are happening so I'm just not sure

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to talk to your vet on the phone? He might be able to reassure you. It is really difficult to advise you otherwise - I have never seen anything like that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well she feels fine.. This morning I don't see any discharge at all and her colors have almost completely returned to her face... I feel like it's passing over but I'm just very unsure about why this is happening??! I feel moving kittens and she's only about 4-5 weeks into the pregnancy!
OK, so whatever it was, it seems to be better now then it was several days ago.  Puh!

The moving of the kittens is peculiar, if you count correctly.  Either she become pregnant earlier than you think,  or it is not kittens moving, but perhaps gases. or even small muscle contractions.

We had for example a poster, who after delivery of some kittens, did felt at least one more moving in there.   But the mom was empty...  So it must have been gases or other peristaltics (movements)  of the intestines...

But as JennyR asks.  You you cant visit the vet in person, you told us.  But can you phone and ask a vet?  Some vets do answer telephone question, even if it is not their paying patient. Some big animal hosptals have also such telephone service, at least here in Sweden.

Good luck!

Good luck!

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright as of yesterday, things went from bad to much much worse. She was letting out low growls of pain, she was weak and limp, but worst of all- her eyes turned from bright blue to YELLOW! Needless to say I was extremely concerned so I called my friend who I had talked to before about the situation and he said she must have to see a vet and he very generously offered to pay for the vet visit. This morning I took her in and the vet told me that if we had taken even another day longer, my bonnet would be dead. A very serious infection had taken place and it killed all of the kittens, which she did not pass so that made it worse. Thank god she did bleed because if she hadn't, not only would the probability of me seeing this have gone down but her uterus would have also burst most likely killing her. The vet got her to emergency surgery to remove her uterus and is keeping her for the weekend to keep running tests and making sure she is healing alright. If I had originally had the money she would have gotten to the vet 5 days ago when all of this started. I love my cats more than anything and would not for a second want to put her life in jeopardy like this. Right now I am just praying hard and needing more to make sure she gets through this okay. I will post with updates of her road to recovery...[emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

The moving of the kittens is peculiar, if you count correctly.  Either she become pregnant earlier than you think,  or it is not kittens moving, but perhaps gases. or even small muscle contractions.
Oy, that was a sudden development. Not totally unexpected, but still we hoped for better.

Good you managed to raise the necessary money, and the vet managed the situation, also giving good after operation care.

And these "kitten movements" must have been as I thought, hefty gas movements, or even small muscle contractions....

Please continue to report.

Good luck!

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oy, that was a sudden development. Not totally unexpected, but still we hoped for better.
Good you managed to raise the necessary money, and the vet managed the situation, also giving good after operation care.

And these "kitten movements" must have been as I thought, hefty gas movements, or even small muscle contractions....

Please continue to report.

Good luck!

I got her home today- she's on some heavy pain meds and she is just a very exhasted girl... I feel like such a horrible cat owner right now and am looking forward to Her getting better soon

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor baby is high as a kite 24/7 now but the healing process seems to be going well....

Last edited by a moderator:

emmimini1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I posted on this thread not too long ago and first an update on bonnet... My poor baby was exposed to feline leukemia while she was recovering and sadly succumbed to it.. Just a testament to how important it is to spay- I've learned my lesson for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.