cat position

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_0795.jpeg

Hi,
I’ve seen so much about this position for cats and I wanted to see if this looks normal? Thank you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the 'loaf' position, but with the head and neck extended like that it looks like he is having trouble breathing. Does he cough a lot? He could have asthma. an injection of a long lasting steroid may be asked about at your vets, if it works it would mean it most likely is astma or allergies. It wouldn't hurt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is the 'loaf' position, but with the head and neck extended like that it looks like he is having trouble breathing. Does he cough a lot? He could have asthma. an injection of a long lasting steroid may be asked about at your vets, if it works it would mean it most likely is astma or allergies. It wouldn't hurt!
last week he did sound like he was coughing up a hairball and nothing came out. it happened 3 times within a week and has not happened since the 15th. i thought it was a hairball at first but now i’m not sure

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the coughing is infrequent, just bring it up at the next vet visit. I ahve a cat with severe allergies and asthma, and she coughs several times a day. it takes a lot out of her.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter