Cat poops on carpets

nicoleymariee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I'm new here but this is my last hope for being able to to keep my cat. about 2 weeks ago my cat howie was locked in te bathroom over night and pooped on the carpet. I disregarded this and cleaned it up seeing that he was locked in there. for the past couple days after the incident he's been pooping on the carpet and by our back door. he wasn't peeing there just pooping. hell go for a couple days with out doing it and then he'll do it again. like this morning I went in the bathroom to find poop AND pee on the carpet. I just don't understand...he's healthy an has had no problem with the litterbox. we have not changed litter type etc he's a male 9 month old. please help my mom is making me get rid of him the next time this happens!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicoleymariee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually yes we have been switching back and forth so I went and bought some food that he really seems to like so hopefully this does the trick

oliverbinx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well if you have been switching his food, that is probably the problem. Are you mixing the new food with his old food for at least 7 days? If not, then the change in food is most likely causing him to have tummy issues thus the pooping on the floor. My one cat has a very sensitive stomach and when I switched foods, he pooped all over my carpet and I had to take him to the vet, which is how I learned that his stomach was really sensitive. His brother eats everything he does and didn't have a problem. So it just depends on the cat. Hope your kitty is doing better!