Cat pooping in nursery

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat was 6 when my daughter was born. She was upset and wailed all the time. Rehoming her was NEVER an option. The vet prescribed her a medication to calm her and after a while she stopped crying. She had also started pulling her hair out, tests showed nothing wrong.

Cats are very much creatures of habit and they need to settle into a new routine. You really cannot expect him to know how to "behave", but give him time he will learn and likely go back to the loving companion he was before baby arrived on the scene.

I hope it all works out for you.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sort of agree with you that you were getting a bit raked over the coals here. I just want to say that you are to be commended for trying the blanket thing, as was advised above.

If we were in this situation, my husband would have never sought advice, he would have just yelled and griped about it. (And we have had plenty of similar situations)

I always appreciate a guy who is a cat person.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what about getting another cat so they can keep each other company ??

I know that when my cat is alone he gets upset sometimes when the other cats are outside but when they come indoors he usually feels a lot better and they all cuddle and play together just an idea

a while ago i had a cat do this to me when i was really busy with college I did not give him that much attention and he started popping everywhere but i fixed it easy by just giving him extra attention and letting him enjoy outdoors so he can keep busy

Sounds like ur cat might be bored