Cat pees everywhere but her litter box

apiot8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Guys,

My friend and his parents are at their wits end and don't know what to do anymore. Their cat Patches started peeing in the house just about a year ago and won't/rarely uses her litter box. She either pees/poops on the floor by the litter box or pees on their hard wood or carpet. She's seen a vet and has been cleared that nothing is "wrong" with her (I don't believe it), have tried Cat Attract Litter, the pheromone collars and as a last resort let the newest cat who before lived indoors (she used to live outside) live back outside because we thought it was her however she's still peeing everywhere. Please understand that the cat who now lives back outside seriously is so much happier out there, when she lived indoors she'd stare outside all day and meow. She's so happy outside and whenever you call her always comes (I swear she knows to stay close). They have 5 cats. Fluffy is 13, Patches and Boots (sisters) are about 8, Tigger (outdoor cat) is 3 and Smokey is 2. They are all spayed females. Patches did stop for awhile (she was still going right outside her box however) and within the last two weeks has started again. Does anyone have any ideas? She's a sweetheart but she's destroying the flooring and they are thinking of trying to find her a home where she'd be the only cat and I do not want to see her go.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many boxes? Is it possible Patches is the type of cat who will not share a litter box with other cats? Anything happened a year ago when the problem started that would have traumatized Patches? Also, I think it's a good idea to have her checked by another vet. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

apiot8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is that Tigger (the outdoor cat) had a litter of kittens in late January of 2011 and the kittens left in March. Quick digression: Tigger was a feral who we started feeding when she was a kitten because all attempts to catch her failed and we didn't want her to starve. She had two litters because we'd failed to catch her and get her fixed. In November of 2010 my friends parents had to bring her to the vet because something wasn't right. The vet said she either fell out of a tree or had been hit by a car because her pelvis was very messed up however did heal on it's own...2 months after she had her last litter. After her accident she was kept indoors. She let us catch her when she was hurt probably because she couldn't move very well.) So this last litter was actually born indoors as opposed to in the garage like the first 2. She didn't start peeing however until a couple months after they left.

kcates22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a 6 yo female about 2 years ago. she has been checked numerous times by our vet, when she was spayed, it was found that her uterus was extremely enlarged and would have killed her if we wouldnt have spayed her. aside from that, she is very health, BUT pees everywhere except her litter box. we keepmpotty pads around it because nothing else can be used. we have tried more things than imanginable from cat attract, feliway, 1 litter box or 2, unscented or scented, natural corn litter or reg, moving it upstairs or downstairs, always by itself, hooded or no hood, and she is currently on her 3rd behavioral med (Buspar). she is just the sweetest thing and so loving, but she has completely ruined our new home. once things change with her, we have to replace our tile and carpeting. we cannot have one rug in the house or accidentally drop anything on the floor cause it will be peed or spr\ayed on. it will kill me to euthanize her as she is my responsibility and will not give her to someone else just to pass on my problems as we received someone elses.

if their is anything that anyone can come up with, please let me know. i am very desperate and it is only a matter of a week or two before we will have to make a decision.

thanks so much