Cat peeing

brittanyd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm getting really frustrated with my cats Oops and Midnight. I've had Oops for 5 years and Midnight for 2. They get along really good. Now the problem is that one of them likes to pee and poop in my clean clothes. I bring in clean clothes in garbage bags and no sooner do I set them down and leave the room, My cat pees on them. I'm getting so frustrated that I'm thinking of locking one up at a time and whatever one is doing it, finding an outside home for. Midnight is a therapy cat too. My son would be devastated but I'm beyond it now. Please help me understand why this is happening. I cleaned litter boxes, didn't change the brand of litter or cat food. No new babies or anything. No newness in the house at all because my autisic child wouldve over reacted. PLEASE HELP

ambernicole

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like one of them is trying to mark their territory. The clean clothes have a "new" scent...which is probably why one of them is peeing and pooping on them. Before trying to re-home the cat, I would consider putting your clothes in a different location which the cats can't reach. Not sure about the layout of your home, but it sounds like an easy fix. Especially if your son would be devastated. Good luck!

steverea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Interesting.  the peeing sounds like a territory thing or the cat feeling threatened, but I'd never heard of pooping to mark territory.  I agree with the previous poster, try just putting the clothes out of reach.  But once cats start to pee, in my experience, they don't stop.  and the other cat could start to pee also because of the urine smell.  Try to get out the smell using enzyme cleaners.