Cat Peeing In Bed, Among Other Things

Wendy's Butler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never posted on a site asking for help, but this is getting ridiculous. Recently, my 11yo. cat, Wendy, has started peeing in her bed, which consists of a pillow wrapped in a blanket. Originally, she would sleep in my bed, but chose a new spot. She has also been less active, and a tad more grumpy than usual, but still eats and drinks regularly, though I put her on a diet. she still uses the litter box, but she also pees in her bed. what do I do?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
L LifeWithOliver and jcat jcat have already told you the important things (See vet, possible UTI and/or kidney problems) but I did want to add a note about clean-up. When you clean her bedding, be sure to use an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle to break down the urine molecules. Otherwise, her sensitive sniffer will let her know there was urine there and she'll be drawn to go there again. There are a lot of different enzymatic cleaners - Nature's Miracle is just one of them.

I really hope Wendy feels better soon - please let us know how she does. :petcat:

I see this is your first post so :welcomesign:to TCS! Please consider introducing yourself and Wendy in New Cats on the Block. Include pictures of the little darling. We love photos of cats around here! :camera: