Cat Peeing Everywhere But Litter Box

Troubleinparadise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im at wits end with our cat, she has bever displayed this behavior before and it is beginning to put a strain on my relationship, as it is my girlfriends cat in terms of ownership. Any help whatsoever would be welcomed as i do love the cat but i cant live in a house where the cat used the whole place as a litter box

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has the cat been to the vet about this? Thats the first step. Cats often do this as a sign of a urinary infection or blockage. Vet visit first thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Troubleinparadise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got some stuff for a urinary tract infection before, ive had several cats and bever had this issue .. is this something that tends to reoccure? Also might be worth mentioning that this cat is indoor only and the only cat in the house (fiv +) we moved recently which we thought may have been the issue and the neighbours cat seems to spray our door, our cat is fixed also. Not sure if this info is relevant

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
T Troubleinparadise : welcome to TCS. Sorry your cat is having litter box avoidance issues. I would definitely recommend a vet checkup to ensure the UTI has not returned.

Once that is ruled out, you can consider behavioural behaviour, which could be related to the cat spraying your door. Or even the recent move. But, first, ensure she is medically fine.

Litterbox Problems? Here's Why You Should Call Your Vet