Cat peeing blood

Renaldoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so last week my cat had a urinary blockage and we took him to the vet and he had to get a catheter and stay there for 3 days. After the 3 days he came home and was on prazosin and buprenorphine. He was leaking pee but otherwise urinating good and eating/ drinking. We just finished the last dose of buprenorphine yesterday and the prazosin this morning. Today he has just started having blood in his pee and leaking blood. We called the vet and they said as long as he's passing urine he's okay till we bring him in tomorrow morning. My concern is it's starting to be constant, he just keeps trying to pee/ leaking blood. He's not making any noises. I'm worried since by now he can't possibly have any pee left in him and it would pretty much just be blood he's passing? Very worried and not sure I should be accepting my vets judgement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Renaldoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, since he's actually leaking blood can you talk to your vet again if they have an after hours number?
They do and I may call, I just spoke with them an hour ago and told them all this, leaking blood, constantly trying to urinate, ect. But they said since he's passing urine that he will be okay till the morning. I know the leaking part is "normal" from the prazosin/ catheter removal and the blood could be from damage from the catheter/ him passing more crystals and inflammation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Renaldoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are things today?
things calmed down last night, we kept him in our bedroom for monitoring and he laid down a rested for most of the night. He's been eating and had a bit of water and wasn't trying to pee till this morning. He's keeps going back to the litterbox this morning but we are taking him to the vet soon.